BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh the JOYS!!

WEDDING WEDDING WEDDING!!!!


Hello blog world. I wanted to start a blog for family & friends that are out of town about the updates of our wedding planning. Since this is my 1st blog I will chat about random things but the biggest updates regarding the planning is as follows: the date is set, November 6th 2010. the venue for the wedding ceremony and reception has been decided on, my wonderful Uncle Mike & Aunt Toni's house (i will talk later about that, in more detail). the look of the wedding/food/colors/invitation ideas/ideas for save the date cards/table settings/decorations/desserts/drinks/THE wedding party/who is singing/who is going to marry us---has all been decided. Well after looking at that list I feel very accomplished! OH!!! The BIGGEST of all has been planned and booked, the HONEYMOON!!! YES!! We will be leaving on November 7th for wonderful, gorgeous, beautiful Cabo San Lucas. Next blog I will learn to post a link and show you all the awesome resort we will spend a week at!!


But on to some random thoughts of mine. Nobody warned me how difficult this would be at times! I mean I love it so much but it does at times get incredibly stressful for a gal like myself! Good thing I have an amazing Mother and Aunts who are doing most of the work...I told them what I want it to look like, the colors and they have pretty much just run with it! They send me ideas of things in emails and I say yes or no. Pictures are flying on the internet between my Mom, a few of my Aunts and myself. My recent purchase of my new computer will make this process so much easier. They have been wonderful to spend the time to search out things for our wedding! I'm so grateful for them!! Having a full time job makes it hard to find the time. I work 9 hr days & my commute is an hour 1 way so it's a grand total of an 11 hr work day! Don't get my wrong I LOVE my job and I love my little Lively girl (she is the baby that I Nanny & I'm sure she will make this blog in the future), but it does make me not have hardly any time to do things for my wedding.

I think the thing that has been the most challenging through this process of planning our wedding has been the "Guest List", WHAT a drag!!! I have a HUGE family & lots of friends of my own & family friends and my beloved fiance has not so much a huge family but a HUGE church family & friends!!!! Oh and did I mention we have room to invite 230 PEOPLE, that's 115 peeps for each of us to invite! REALLY??? Seems like a lot, but when you see the guest list that we started out with and then have had to slowly revise, you would be simply amazed!!!! So other then that, this whole thing so far has been a breeze! Where my head is at this moment would be to take every moment in! I will never get this time with my family back! I realize that I have less then 8 months left at home with my wonderful family and I don't take that for granted. I don't want to be that girl who gets lost in her wedding and forgets about everyone else around her! I love my family and friends so dearly and I would never want to make them feel as though a wedding is more important to me then they are! ALTHOUGH a wedding is a once in a life time thing, I do know that but I would much rather spend this time with family rather then being all consumed by wedding plans!

Well I guess I should talk about my lovely fiance, who is clearly the reason why I'm getting married! ha, ha :-) Since I was a little girl, like most girls, I have dreamed about and prayed for my husband! I would think about the simple things like, laying around watching TV, cooking, cleaning, buying things for our home, and serving him just as much as he serves me! Now here I am 234 days until I get to do all those things! But one thing is for sure, I COULD of never dreamed that I would be marrying a man as AMAZING as my beloved Austin! He's just wonderful! He's such a selfless thinker and an AMAZING leader in this relationship! The key thing in our relationship and in EVERYTHING is the Lord first and then everything that comes after that! His goal has always been to make me the happiest gal in the world and he has FAR outdone himself! The kind of love and passion we have for one another is something a movie just simply can't portray. He really does complete me in every way imaginable! I didn't know that there were things in me until he brought them out! There was always a missing piece in me until my love came! There is something about being SO vulnerable to another human being. Where they know everything about you, they know your faults, they know your likes and dislikes, they know whats going on in your head by a simple look. Its crazy to me that he sees ALL those things and still loves me and loves EVERYTHING about me! My favorite thing about Austin is how he shows me the love of Christ! Everyday that I am with him I realize how deeply the Father loves me! Hearing the way Austin expresses his love towards me and knowing that the Father's love IS WAY more intense, it's unfathomable to think about at times!!!! I just couldn't be any happier or in love with a man, then I am right now! Everyday I think to myself (I SO don't deserve this wonderful, selfless, loving, kind, passionate, gracious, servant, hard working, goodlooking, PERFECT in my eyes, MAN, whom will be MY husband forever!) That's another thing that's crazy, for the rest of my life I know that He (Austin) is the man I will wake up to and go to sleep with every night for the rest of my life! I find true comfort and joy in knowing that reality! He is mine and I am his, forever and ever! Thank you Jesus for allowing me to have such a precious gift!

OK, enough of the mushy stuff. The next thing on the list to go do is bridesmaid dress shopping with my girls. That is going to happen on April 10th. I may look for my dress on that day but that will probably happen in the Summer. But because Courtney is moving, we need to get this done before she moves: (

So here are some ideas of bridesmaid dresses that I like that I will share with you all because I hear that blogs without pictures are BORING.

All 3 sisters in these would be presh & i'm not sure on the umbrellas...














I can see Destiny looking GREAT in this...


















Wouldn't Holly & Landon be cute in something like this?



















I'm so torn because I think Courtney would be so precious in this
and really all the girls would!





















KIDDING!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH those are UGLY!!
I want my girls to look & feel beautiful and I'm sure they will be the most beautiful bridesmaids ever!

Well that's all I have for now! Until next time that is!

-The future Mrs. Benjamin-

4 comments:

Teddi said...

Oh my dear! I love this and I love you! I am very happy that the Lord prepared me, somewhat, for what is going to transpire in the next 233 days!! You are the 1st so you are the test case but I promise that the LEAST amount of stress will be on your shoulders! I will carry that and what won't fit on my shoulders will probably be carried by your sisters or my sisters! It's going to be a day to remember for you both, FOREVER!!! Our goals is that it will scream HANNAH & AUSTIN and everyone will leave saying it fit you both. We WILL figure out the guest list and every other "opportunity" that comes our way because the Lord will be our guide!!

I'm so excited for the day but not ready quite yet to not see your beautiful face at the end of the day or have you kiss my cheeks & hug my neck EVERY SINGLE night before you go up those stairs. Because in 233 days it will be Austin's time to have that honor. My prayer is we will ALL be ready for that day to come. God's GRACE IS sufficient! So keep answering those emails we all send you and keep enjoying every day as a fiance! I love you Ms. Future Benjamin!! Mom

Rachel Baker said...

YAY Your 1st Blog, I'm so PROUD!!! You did so a great Job and I loved it..I really hope that you can find time to keep up with it cause I know that so many people will love to hear updates on these next season of your life!!

I'm so excited that its almost here for you and Austin and PRAISE God you were kidding about the dresses OMG they are crazy looking..I cant wait to stand with you on that day sis. I love you so much and keep up the blogging.

Des said...

I would rock that red dress like nobody's business!

Zanna said...

I loved reading this you made me laugh so much! :D