BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 7, 2010

We have reached the 6 month mark!

Where do I begin! SO much has happened since the last time I wrote. Well for starters May 1st was our 2 year Anniversary from the day that Austin asked me to be his girlfriend, ahhh! Oh what a story that is and I won't go into it now but it was 1 of the most wonderful days of my life. We love to celebrate our love for each other so we are planning to go on an all day date tomorrow to celebrate. On May 1st our precious Watkins family (Austin's sister Courtney & her fam) were preparing to leave the next day to move to Belgium. So wonderful for them but so sad for us. It was an emotional day so we decided to celebrate this weekend instead. So tomorrow we will celebrate 2 wonderful years together!!

The biggest thing as far as the wedding? umm....I FOUND MY DRESS!!!! We all loaded up on a Saturday morning and headed to Dallas to shop for my wedding dress. My Momma went of course and I had most of my bridesmaids with me, which made it that much more fun! It was the most perfect day, the sun was shining and it was such a beautiful day. So we go to 1 shop that was so adorable but not a lot to choose from. Then we go to another shop and that is where it was. It's funny how finding "the dress" works because I went in thinking I knew exactly what I wanted. I had pictures to show, the exact fabric I wanted, and then Courtney said, "Hannah you need to try on all kinds of wedding dresses because you never know if you will fall in love with something you TOTALLY never thought you would wear." WELL thats exactly what happened! We walked into the store and there was this girl I saw with this dress on (my dress), and I thought, WOW thats stunning. All my girls of course said, YOU have to try it on, so I did to please them. Well as soon as my Mom helped me into it my heart changed. When I looked in the mirror I just KNEW it was the one! I never thought in a million years I would get the dress I got BUT I ADORE IT WITH MY WHOLE HEART!!! It's beautiful and stunning in every way imaginable! I hate that I will only be able to wear it once! I think I may wear it to all my sisters weddings, that wouldn't be weird, would it?

The 1st little dress shop we went to was so quaint and cute but they had very limited dresses but we got some cute pictures to start our day off.



This is me of course hunting through the dresses.



Then we went up the street to another bridal shop & that's where my dress was waiting for me!!
Can you tell I'm up in the clouds?



My Maid-of-Honor! I love her!! Notice her pin?



This is a pose we have often done together when we are so excited!



And it was natural to do it with 1 of my new sisters!



And that is all I can show for now.... 

After we found "The Dress" my Mom took us all to an awesome lunch at Bread Winners Cafe in Dallas. It was so much fun to have a nice relaxing lunch together. Here was where I formally asked the girls to be in my wedding. Of course they all knew already but I wanted to write down my reasons as to why I wanted them to stand by my side on my big day. I got a few to cry so my job was done. Here's a few pictures of our lunch.

Rachel went before we left for the day and got me this sash & it came with a tiara/veil and a bride button. She knows I'm so sentimental and this is something I can keep from our day of FINDING my dress!!



Here are some of them reading their letter I wrote them.



And this is all of us in front of the restaurant. Of course Mom is taking the pictures and I did get 1 with her but I'm in MY DRESS!!



So that was my AWESOME day of finding my dress with some of my most favorite people!!


A few weeks before looking for my dress my Mom and I took all my little girls that are going to be in my wedding to have a "Princess Tea" - everyone was there but my little Lyric who is living in Belgium now. I wanted to make them feel SO SPECIAL, like a little Princess, and give them some special prizes & formally ask them to be in our wedding. It was such a lovely lunch. They all felt very special all dressed up and at a big girl Tea Room. We had Princess Lemonade and fancy sandwiches and fruit. Then to top it off we went to McDonalds for ice cream and to play (enough of that foo-foo stuff).

Here is a little video of me explaining to the girls all their Princess goodies.


Here are a few pictures of us at our "Princess Lunch"

Kadyn and I are waiting to order our Princess food.



1 of my 3 Flower Girls - Kaylie Grace and her special Princess Lemonade.



Kaylie is my miracle cousin. She is like a niece to me. Her Mom is my
1st cousin & like a sister to us girls. We thank Jesus for our KK.



Ashlyn will be my Jr. Bridesmaid (Grant will be Austin's Jr. Groomsman) 
and Layla will be another 1 of my Flower Girls. Layla is my precious cousin 
(her Dad and my Mom are brother & sister) and I was her Nanny when 
she was a baby. I love their matching dresses!



My little Watkin nieces!! Maddy and Kadyn are going to have a special honor
at the wedding and be our Candy Girls. They will be passing out candy at the
reception (that would have been my dream job as a kid).



And here they all are, but Lyly: ( -- aren't they the most precious little
girls you ever did see? They all have such a special place in my heart!!



I think they will all be ready for the millions of pictures that will
be taken of them. YAY!!



It's really hard to believe that our wedding is 6 months away. We have been engaged for 3 months and now things are kicking into gear for the wedding. All of the big things have already been decided on and the planning is moving forward! My Mom designed our darling "Save the Date" cards and most of them got sent out this week. We are working on projects, shopping for things, and planning all the little details. Our work days will really start next month because I will be off from my job for a whole month. I will be using that time to get a lot of things done. My Mom has been just amazing to do so many things to help with the planning and executing my dreams. We talk and talk and talk about all the things that I want and then she gets it done. It's such a load off of me with a full time job to know that it will be so perfect in every way. My Aunt Toni (our wedding is going to be at her house) has already spent so much time with my Mom making detailed plans, shopping and researching every aspect of the day. She is so wonderful and such a blessing to my Mom and of course to Austin and I. I really don't know how I will repay her and my Uncle Mike. Aunt Toni is so selfless and giving and wonderful. I can't wait for everyone to meet her! I feel Jesus pouring out His love on me when He so wonderfully puts people like my Aunt Toni in my life. All my family is just simply amazing. My Aunt Tricia is helping with her expertise which is decorating and flowers and HUMOR! ALL of my family when it's all said and done will have a huge part to play in my wedding day and that makes me 1 of the most blessed brides on the planet. 

My Mom has meetings with my Aunts often and she is going to bring home homework for us to accomplish & a deadline to have it done. Our goal is to do stuff little by little so we aren't crunching/going crazy the last month. This past week we had our 1st bit of homework to do & we all worked hard to get it done. Well of course I recruited my "bridesmaids" and anyone else in the house to help. Believe it or not I even got the Groom and the FOB to help!! Here are some pictures of that.

Don't we look like we are just loving this little job we are doing??



NOT!! At 1st we thought, OK, this is good and then 200 candles 
later we felt like this...


And the FOB & my Groom (were big helps?), Austin was jumping up
constantly to check the Ranger game out but they did help! 


Here is what the guys did. Of course we had to go back and trim
them up because they couldn't do that. 


That is the 1st of our "Wedding Jobs", COMPLETED! We are going to try to 
love and enjoy every second of this process.


That is an update of me becoming The FUTURE Mrs. Benjamin!! I'm sure I have left many details out and I've figured out I'm not so good at keeping up with this blog of mine. I won't even promise to do better because I probably won't! But I do feel as though this blog is 4 in 1 so enjoy that. Next big thing to tackle is our WEDDING INVITATIONS because they are going to be awesome and very unique!! Our Save the Date will be clearer when you see the awesome invitation! 

So until next time everyone, bye for now!


1 comments:

Teddi said...

I love this. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your dress. I loved our lunch. I loved our Princess lunch. I love your wedding ideas/plans. I love you doing your wedding homework. AND I love you and Austin!! 6 mths is CRAZY soon!!!